Let’s give credit where it’s due… No one likes visiting any government department and we detest standing in queues but this office puts in a good effort. Yes, the queues are long, so go early but the staff work fast and are efficient. The line moves… Unlike other places that won’t be mentioned.
If you didn’t make copies or need a picture printed, this can be done outside the branch. Pictures are approximately R50.
Tel: 031 311 2954
Weekdays (excludes public holidays)
- Monday – Friday: 7:30 – 14:00
1st & 3rd weekend of each month
- Saturday: 7:30 – 14:00
- Sunday: 7:30 – 12:00
No public will be allowed on the premises after these times. Only driver license tests and remaining applicants on site will be attended to.
Important information regarding card collections
- As per Reg 108 (1A) of NRTA of 2000, no drivers licence card will be issued without proper identification.
- As per Sec 112A of NRTA of 2000, if the driver’s license card is to be collected on behalf of someone else, the below must be produced to support the request.
- An affidavit from the cardholder and a certified copy of his/her ID.
- A certified copy of the ID from the person collecting the card.
- No driver’s license will be issued without the above requirements